Super Pet Expo event
Thousands of people ignored the spring-like temperatures and blue skies to head to the Super Pet Expo at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly Friday and Saturday. More than 150 product sellers, rescue groups, dog trainers, service providers and entertainment acts catered to the enthusiastic crowd.
Just a few of the things for sale at the show include:
- Colorful fleece dog beds in a wide variety of designs, including NFL football team logo fabrics, at Bedtime Tails (booth 228)
- Festive "jester-style" fashion collars with bunnies, chicks and sequins at GRREAT (Golden Retriever Rescue, Education and Training) (booth 212)
- "Dog is Good" t-shirts, stickers and car magnets featuring a floppy-eared pup under a halo at Dog is Good (booth 332)
- Unique bungee cord-like leashes in neon colors at WACKY Walk'r (booth 504)
- Whimsical prints and coasters featuring dogs drinking wine, enjoying the beach and bathing at Sara England Designs (booth 414)
At times, it seems like there are more dogs than people at the Expo. From tiny Chihuahas to waist-height Great Danes, you will see them all. Homeward Trails Animal Rescue even has a litter of adorable young puppies that need new homes.
If you bring your dog, they can romp with other canine attendees in the Dogtopia playground, or test their athleticism and smarts at the dog agility course.
Dogs aren't the only non-humans in attendance, though. On the far right of the hall covering the entire wall is the Reptiles Pavillion. And the Exotic Bird Show is at the other end of the hall (not by coincidence, I'm sure).
Don't let the parking nightmare scare you away, once you're inside there's lots of room and lots to look at. The show continues through Sunday.
Read more about the show here.