If your St. Louis, Southeast Missouri, or Bootheel, shelter or rescue would like to broaden their pet adoption audience, here’s your chance to do just that. Share your Pets of the Week with us here on Examiner and we'll publish them to share with potential adopters all over the US.
What we'll need from you:
1. The information regarding your shelter/rescue.
- Name of your shelter or rescue
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Link to your Facebook Page and/or website
2. One image of you pet of the week. Images are not required to be professional quality but must be in focus and shot with adequate lighting. Blurry or dark images will not be accepted. Remember, your pet's image will be the main representation of your adoptable pet and should be the best image possible. (The better the image the more readers it will attract.)
3. A complete description of your pet including:
- Spayed or neutered
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Any personality traits, health issues, etc., that potential adopters should be aware of
(A detailed bio of your pet will get more attention.)
- Adoption fee and what it includes
How do you submit your Pet of the Week for publication? There are two ways and either option is very simple; Facebook or by email.
If your shelter or rescue is on Facebook, simply send me an email ([email protected]) giving me your Facebook information and I will add you to my friend list. Each week, when you post your Pet of the Week, you may simply tag me in the post. I will get the image and information about your pet from there.
If your shelter or rescue does not have a Facebook account you may send your image and pet information to [email protected] Please make sure to put "Pet of the Week" in the subject line of your email.
Pets of the Week run Sunday to Saturday each week and all submissions will be published within 24 hours of receipt.
To see an example of how your Pet of the Week article will appear, click here.