Join Gwinnett Humane Society, other animal lovers and a host of local vendors and rescue organizations on May 11 for PAWfest 2013. This event will be held at Tribble Mill Park (Ozora Meadows section) in Lawrenceville from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is free to the public. Leashed dogs are welcome to attend.
PAWfest is a day-long celebration of the human/animal bond and is held annually during “Be Kind to Animals Week.” Click here to read more about this special week.
Scheduled events focus on educating the public in pet-related issues. A number of local non-profit and animal rescue organizations will be participating. Over 20 vendors with be on hand at PAWfest offering pet products, pet training and behavioral consultations, various pet care services and animal art work.
PAWfest kicks off at 9:30 a.m. with the PAWfest Pack Hike – a leisurely 5K hike around the beautiful lake at Tribble Mill Park. There will also be a one-mile Puppy Pack Hike for those whose paws aren't quite ready for the 5K hike. Registration is available on the day of the event from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and is $25 per person or $45 per family on the day of the hike. Registration includes a PAWfest t-shirt and a doggie goodie bag. Additional t-shirts will be available for $12. All dogs can join the hike at no additional charge.
This day-long celebration will include the following:
- Food and drink vendors
- Canine agility and obedience demonstrations
- Dock diving land demonstration
- Dog contests – dog/owner look-a-like, best costume, largest dog, best kisser, best trick ($5 per event, registration begins at Noon, contests begin at 1 p.m.)
- Kids’ activities – crazy hair booth, face painting, games
- Silent auction
- Therapy dog and Canine Good Citizen testing by Therapy Dog International, Chapter #193 ($10 each, preregister at [email protected])
- Animal Communicator Tim Link
- Low cost vaccination and microchip clinic