Thirty-six million households in the United States alone own a cat according to the American Veterinary Medical Association. Most of these cats have claws and need an outlet to polish their nails on because unfortunately cats do have a nasty habit of scratching and destroying valuable furniture if they don’t have their own place to take care of their paws and claws.
View all 9 photos
As with canine companions, feline companions are understanding that cats need the run of the house and that if they supply them with their very own furnishings, that the valuable human furniture will be left to its own accord; meaning that a cat will use their pet-friendly decorations as opposed to the pet parent decorations. This is what modern cat families are deciding upon when they are decorating a new home or remodeling their existing home.
Cat scratchers are a great way to introduce kitties to healthy scratching. Many of the scratchers are bulky and don’t fit in with stylish décor, until now. Imperial Cat has a popular line of Scratch ‘n Shapes that they developed to satisfy a feline’s intuitive need to scratch, while simultaneously providing a place for the cat to stretch and play. Now Cat parents won’t have to sacrifice style, comfort or the looks of their home to make their pet happy with these five scratchers.
1. Chair and Ottoman – Tired of your kitty scratching up your favorite chair? Give them their very own chair and ottoman that they can sit back and relax in, all while satisfying their urge to scratch the furniture. With multiple color options, you can pick an accent piece or a similar version to your own chair.
2. Chaise Lounge – Add a touch of glam and elegance with this scratcher shaped like a chaise lounge. This scratcher features a contoured slope design that will seat even the most prissy kitty. Go on indulge their diva side.
3. Tower Tunnel – If Felix enjoys napping higher off the ground, this art deco scratcher provides the perfect perch for snoozing with a raised platform. It also has a circular cut out and comes in cool geometric patterns to help embrace your playful side.
4. Posh – Interested in a more modern shape to fit with your abstract furnishings? Try the Posh Scratcher with sleek curves, which offer a design ideal for sleeping and healthy scratching. Warning: cattitude may follow.
5. Sleigh Bed – Worried that you don’t have room for a scratcher in your small apt? Who says fun can’t come in small packages. This scratcher slopes up and is a little over 15 inches long, making it easy to display anywhere in a tiny space.
Each of their products is made right in the United States from post-consumer recycled materials. The products are also 100% recyclable after kitty is through with them. The honeycomb texture of the Scratch ‘n Shapes corrugated cardboard imitates natural tree bark, so cats instinctively want to sink their claws into the scratchers. Each Scratch ‘n Shapes also includes a bag of Certified Organic Catnip to encourage the happy, active lifestyle of an Imperial Cat.
For more than 25 years, Imperial Cat has manufactured high quality, eco-friendly and natural cat products developed to enhance the lives of cats and their owners. For more information on the feline focused brand and their selection of stylish scratchers for every home décor, visit them online at www.ImperialCat.com.